How to best get started with your yoga workouts at home
You may be most familiar with yoga as a form of meditation — and while yoga is great for meditation, it’s also about working out your body! Whether you’re looking for online yoga workouts for beginners or just way to move your body, online yoga classes can be a great solution.
A great first step is to evaluate whether yoga online is right for you…
Here are some of the advantages of doing yoga online:
Yoga is gentle! Ok, let’s get this out of the way right from the jump — you don’t need to be flexible to do yoga. Since it’s less intense than other forms of exercise, you’re less likely to experience injuries that keep you from your workouts. You won’t have to take time away to heal, either. Instead, you can stick to your workout regimen and keep moving toward your goals. Even power yoga, which is know to be a great yoga workout, is very low impact.
It’s easy to pick up! Moving from pose to pose in beginner yoga is slow, especially compared to other exercise routines. It’s easier to keep up, even if you aren’t in great shape (yet) and it will be easier for you to keep up during your yoga routine so that you can keep making progress from session to session.
Do it anywhere! No need to go to a gym to get all the benefits of yoga! You can do yoga anywhere as long as you have a two feet by six feet area to work with. You don’t have to leave the house to keep working toward your weight loss and wellness goals!
Read on for our ideas on how to best get started with yoga online – and also check out our YouTube video about this very topic!
4 Tips on How to Start Yoga Workouts at Home
Yoga can be intimidating if you’re new. The good news is that you can start an at-home practice no matter your level! A beginner online yoga workout is as easy as learning some basic poses and making them part of your regular daily routine. Even if you’ve never done yoga before, there are things you can do that will help you add the practice to your exercise regimen.
1) Start slowly. It’s always a good idea to start slowly when you add something new to your routine, especially when it comes to working out. Don’t expect to do an hour-long session every day if you’re a beginner. Instead, start with a short yoga workout once or twice a week. As you get more comfortable with the poses, you can extend your practice and work out more frequently throughout the week. And…use props to help you along as necessary. Here are our tips for using yoga props (including using items you have around the house to serve as props!).
2) Listen to your body. Yoga is not just a form of exercise — it’s about aligning your mind and body for greater health and wellness. That’s why yoga uses slower movements and encourages you to hold poses for extended periods of time (as well as conscious breathing) for successful practice. As you start your at-home yoga practice, be sure that you listen to your body and don’t push too hard in your workouts.
3) Adapt poses, if needed. One of the advantages of yoga workouts at home is that you can adapt most poses based on your ability and skill level. You can even do yoga from a wheelchair! Adapting poses means that you won’t get frustrated about still learning, so you’ll be more likely to keep up with your yoga practice at home.
4) Use a custom yoga workout plan to help you. Take the difficulty of planning your daily yoga workouts out of the equation by letting the experts help you out!
Online Yoga Workouts for Beginners Are Really Convenient And Affordable.
There are lots of reasons that people choose to work out at home instead of going to the gym or attending classes. No matter the reason, online yoga classes are something you can easily implement and enjoy every day.
Yoga workouts stretch and strengthen your whole body. Thanks to the many different poses and movements in yoga, you can work any part of your body during your workout. From your neck and shoulders all the way to your feet, you’ll get the online yoga workout exercise you need to achieve your health and wellness goals.
There’s something for everyone. Whether you want to build muscle, improve flexibility, or lose weight, yoga has poses and routines to help, making it easier to achieve your health and wellness goals without having to incorporate lots of different types of exercise into your life.
It’s different from other workouts at home. Most exercise routines use intensity to push you toward your goals. Yoga is different. An online yoga workout for beginners uses your body’s natural movements and gentle conditioning to help you improve your health. If you’ve tried other exercise programs and quit because you don’t like them, it’s time to try yoga.
The 3 Most Common Poses in Yoga Online
No matter where you are in your health and wellness journey, yoga at home is a great way to improve your physical and mental health. When you add yoga classes to your home exercise regimen, there are some common poses you should know so that you’re prepared for flows.
Beginners Should Start with These Poses
1) Downward-Facing Dog (Pictured above) is a well-known pose that can move you from being on the floor to a standing position. Start by laying on your stomach with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Place your palms flat on the floor at your shoulders with your fingers wide. Push your hips upward and backward until you are on your hands and feet. Your arms and back should form a straight line to your hips. Try to straighten your legs enough to put your heels on the floor.
2) Warrior I is also well-known. Begin in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart. Step one foot back into a lunge. Your back foot should be at an angle to your front foot, with your back foot facing away from your body. Lift both of your hands straight over your head and lift your chest so that you are beginning to lean back slightly.
3) Cat and Cow poses are often used together. Both poses start on your hands and knees with your back straight. For Cat pose, lower your head and curl inward toward your navel so that your back rounds upward. For Cow pose, lift your head and chest and tilt your hips so that your back rounds downward.
Yoga Is for Both Men and Women
Many online yoga workouts for beginners are designed either for men or for women, based on the specific body systems that they target. But yoga is different!
Since yoga is a online yoga workout at home that uses poses and movements to exercise every part of your body, men and women can use regular yoga at home to achieve their health and wellness goals.
No matter what you want to achieve or who you are, a regular yoga practice can be just the thing to take you to the next level. And if you have a certain area of your body you want to focus on, your yoga workout can include poses that highlight those needs.
There’s something for everyone in yoga!
Breathing techniques for the best yoga workout
Breathing is an important part of your online yoga workout. One of the goals of yoga is aligning your mind and body, and breathing helps to do that. When you slow your breathing to coordinate with your yoga poses, you focus on your breath and your body, which helps make yoga more effective for you. Here are some tips you should use for maximizing your breath during yoga at home.
Use your intuition. As you become more comfortable with yoga, you will find that you want to breathe in or out during certain movements. Let your body guide your breath as you move so that your practice is more natural and comfortable. Yoga instructors may recommend inhaling or exhaling at different points during movements and poses. If this feels natural, you can follow their recommendations… but don’t worry too much about breathing right. Your intuition will help you achieve your goals through yoga.
Take full breaths. When you take full, deep breaths in and out, your body will get the oxygen it needs throughout your workout. If you don’t breathe deeply, your body won’t get the oxygen it needs. Then, as your heart rate increases and you move more during your workout, you’ll feel worse and have trouble keeping up with the workout.
Practice breathing between workouts. The breathing techniques used in yoga are good for your body even when you’re not doing yoga. Practice taking deep, full breaths when you’re not doing yoga so that you feel more comfortable with the techniques when you are on the mat. They will also help ensure that your body continues to get the oxygen it needs throughout the day!
The 3 Key Benefits of Yoga for Weight Loss
When you think of weight loss, you may not immediately think of yoga. But yoga does have amazing weight loss benefits, and the more consistent your practice, the healthier you can be! Even though yoga uses slow movements, static poses, and deliberate breathing, you can use it as a workout to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
1) Your body will thank you. Since yoga is more gentle than other exercise programs, you don’t have to worry about working your body so hard to get the weight loss results you need. You’ll be less likely to have workout-related injuries, so you can keep up with your yoga practice. In fact, yoga can be a good way to stay active while you’re healing from injuries caused by intensive workouts!
2) ANYONE can do yoga! You don’t have to be in good shape already to start a yoga practice. No matter how healthy you are and no matter what your body looks like, you can do yoga at home regularly. Poses can be adapted based on your abilities and skill level. And there are poses at different skill levels. As you progress, you can use workouts that are more intense to keep moving toward your weight loss goals.
3) Yoga for weight loss is sustainable. Yoga is about creating a practice in your life. It helps you align your mind and body as you improve your health and wellness, including achieving weight loss goals. Since yoga starts slow and progresses based on your abilities and skills, you can keep up with it for as long as you want and need to. You won’t reach a plateau or a point that you can’t move to the next level. You can include yoga in your health routine for the rest of your life.
Gym membership or going to a classes with strangers aren’t required to incorporate yoga into your life. All you need is the interest to give to try an online yoga workout at home. With a regular yoga practice, you’ll start to see improvements in your health and wellness. And the more you do yoga, the easier it will be to achieve your health and wellness goals.
Start online yoga workouts for beginners today — we think you’ll be hooked!
>>> Start your 15 Day Free Trial