Yoga Both On & Off the Mat…
*Spoiler Alert* – Yoga as functional strength training is one of the best (and most efficient) workouts you can do! According to Healthline, functional training “is a term used to describe exercises that help you perform activities in everyday life more easily.” The idea with functional training is to engage in exercises that mirror the movements that are necessary for your day-to-day routine.
Yoga is a functional strength practice because you’re will be using your bodyweight to support and transition through various static poses. As a result, the strength you build through these poses will support you off the mat!
Check out an easy-to-follow (& free!) workout plan
You’re well on your way to building strength for life! 💪
Benefits of Yoga as Functional Strength Training
Some of the feel-good benefits of adding yoga to your workout routine to build functional strength:
- Functional training strengthens your core muscles.
- Building core strength is critical to your day-to-day life and everyday movement.
- Increased range of movement.
- As a result, you will be able to move about life with greater ease!
- It can increase flexibility.
- Without a doubt, you’ve heard that yoga promotes flexibility (that being said, being flexible is not a pre-requisite to starting yoga – we want to bust that myth!)
- Functional training boosts endurance.
- For instance, if you find yourself getting winded and fatigued after performing standard tasks, you might want to consider a functional training regime.
- You will feel better about LIFE!
- Because of all these benefits, it’s no wonder that functional training is thought to improve one’s quality of life.
Ready to try yoga as functional strength training?
We gotcha! 🙌